About The Executives
Milana Krajisnik, Club President
Milana is the president of the club. She is going into her second year of honours science.
- She makes sure that the UWSSA operates according to the guidelines of the constitution
- She also makes sure that club meetings follow club guidelines
- She ensures that the club works towards its objectives as agreed upon by the general membership
- She informs members of the club of upcoming events and meeting/gatherings on social media
Simonida Gnjatic, Club Co-President
Simonida is one of the co-presidents of the club. She is entering her third year in Honours Science. She works very closely with Milana to make sure everything runs smoothly, taking over some roles of the president if needed. A few fun facts about her: Her father is from Bijeljina, Bosnia and her mother is from Gornji Milanovac, Serbia. On her spare time she likes to travel, play scrabble and eat pasta!
Marijana Svrdlin, Club Co-President
Marijana is the other co-president of the club. She works very closely with Simonida and Milana on club matters. Marijana is currently entering her second year into Honours Biochemistry. She will also be helping the AIESEC International Organization where anyone interested in a global volunteer/work experience can find great opportunities right in Serbia for the Winter/Spring.
Lana Boskovic, Secretary
The Secretary ensures that:
- Records of what the group has done are maintained, distributed, and are accessible to all the members
- Meeting minutes/notes are recorded and made available to all voting members
- All club correspondence is monitored and brought to the attention of the appropriate person(s)
- The duties of the President are undertaken in his/her absence; and is a signing authority
Savo Krajisnik, Treasurer
The Treasurer ensures that:
- The club’s Feds bank account and all financial transactions for the club are monitored and verified
- All club revenues are collected, deposited into the club’s Feds bank account, and reconciled correctly and within a timely manner
- Club cheque requests are submitted correctly and in a timely manner; and is a signing authority
Jovan Lisulov, Event Planner
Jovan is one of the few event planners in the club. He is in charge of:
- Organizing all events hosted by the club
- Making sure the events run as planned
- Book event locations and handle food & entertainment for the events
Jovana Zubic, Event Planner
Jovana works along with Jovan to organize events that will be hosted by the UWSSA. She is in her second year of Kinesiology.
Neda Jovanovic, Event Planner
Neda works with the other two event planners with UWSSA event planning. She is also in her second year of Kinesiology.
Olivera Kralj, Marketing
Olivera is the head of marketing for the club. She is in charge of:
- Designing banners/posters
- Placing advertisements around the school when need be
- Also advertises on the club's website and the club's social media
Olivera Kralj is a third year Life Physics co-op student specializing in medical physics and minoring in biology. She was born and raised Canadian with Serbian parents from Belgrade and is eager to help build and grow the UW Serbian student community. When she's not huddled in the library studying, she likes to spend her spare time drawing/painting, petting dogs and working out at the gym. She's always happy to meet new people so feel free to give her a wave if you see her on campus!
Ilija Milisav, Lead Web Developer
Ilija is the lead developer of this site. He is responsible for:
- Maintaining the website to be up to standards with the student governing body (Feds) and with the World Wide Web Consortium.
- Helps out Olivera with various marketing tasks, when need be
- Communicates with Wilfrid Laurier's Serbian Student Club to maintain their website as well
He is currently studying Computer Science at Laurier. If he's not busy with school or coding, he loves to go jogging, hang out with his friends and read.